Pulling away from my netbook was not easy, it is like saying no to an addiction. Fortunately, I am not a hopeless addict that require help from a rehabilitation centre. The formula was simple enough – close the netbook! However, it sure takes some determination to stay away from it.
Being new here, with limited toys in the house, no neighbours like those in Ara Damansara that I can bring the boys to (yet), coupled with rainy days (and so no outdoor activities), it can be quite a challenge.
If there is a will, there is a way. We took out their german story books which they packed along and read a few pages each day. I am quite pleased to be doing this because not only do they get to brush up their reading skills, I also get to learn new words! I must commend on the boys’ foresight to pack those books with them.
You should see the sparkle from the boys’ eyes when I told them I wanted to play canaster (a card game) with them. To them, it is like a dream come true. We played rounds and rounds of the game during the day and as a family after dinner, they don’t seem to have enough of it.
Johann and I had so much fun playing junior memory card game! I taught him how to play domino with Enzian and Ludwig.
Yesterday, we met up with a friend, Daniela, who has also moved back from KL to Munich. We had a terrific Saturday afternoon catching up with each other, while the boys played football, did gardening, played with Tim and Ben (children of Daniela and Michael).
My children are actually so easy to satisfy, I only have to be disciplined and set time aside for them. And when I do, I don’t feel guilty the next time I open my netbook. What a good deal!
No comments:
Post a Comment