 |
| The boys getting ready for their thrill ride down. |
Christophe set aside time from his extremely busy work schedule and brought the whole family for sledging, just on the day before he had to pack up and leave. To add to the family day of fun and action, Pepe and Meme came along too, much to the delight of everyone of us.
 |
| It looks easy, actually it is rather strenuous for Bart, in fact anyone, to pull up the sledge. |
 |
| The hiking sticks are from Meme. They are very useful for giving the extra push to walk up and gripping the slippery snow while going down. |
 |
| This boy has finally caught up with his weight gain, evidently displayed by the chubbier face. |
 |
| Squinting his eyes for a photo, the sun was too bright, but great to capture his very rosy cheeks. |
The walk up the mountain (not the ones captured on these two videos below, these were merely tiny hills) got us a very good workout, it was a consistent up-slope for almost 2 hours. We were perspiring so much and we did not reach the peak. We had to end the hike there and then due to the short day/ long night season. This was also when the real excitement began for the boys. The walking track uphill was also the same track that everyone sledged down, all the way to the foot of the mountain. Imagine, 2 hours worth of walking track.
This video shows the boys sledging down, the next video shows the sledging down process on the same hill.
It was a long and exhilarating ride down, certainly not for the faint-hearted (i.e. me) because one got to manoeuver the sledge on some curves, exercise speed control with the legs and body, so that one doesn't sledge off the edge of the cliff. I couldn't bear to watch them, my heart dropped too many times. I was already struggling not to fall down from the down slope walk towards the foot of the mountain, watching them sledging past me, sometimes too close to the outer edge, never failed to send chills down my spine.
When we finally arrived at where we first started, the boys rushed to the hills for more short rides. This was also when I took on the sledge with Ludwig (in front) and Bart (behind). Christophe said my screams were way too exaggerated for that mild slope. Well, I agree with him. But that's just me. I make the best sound effects when watching horror movies and watching my sisters and Christophe play Quake.
 |
| It was a great way to spend the last day with him. Looking forward to his homecoming. |
Think I am getting old(er), the tolerance for adrenaline has dipped much more than I want. Guess I should try flying fox across the Olympia Stadium soon before my heart weakens further.
No comments:
Post a Comment