Friday, January 30, 2009

Moved to tears

There is an angel who had recently touched my heart. Someone very close to me, someone very special. We have known each other for more than 30 years. When we were little, we played and we fought. I would comb her long hair, pulled a bunch of hair off due to improper combing, feared I would be punished for it so lied that she pulled off the hair herself.

When we became teenagers, we would chat through the night and would always try to suppress our giggles in order not to make too much noise, and when we did manage to annoy someone enough to our room to get us to keep quiet and go to sleep, we would quickly pretend to sleep as if nothing had happened. And giggles would continue as soon as we were sure the irritated person had left the room.

As we grew older, we shared our school and work experiences with each other, seeking advices and opinions. I remember teaching her different ways to tackle the unpleasant behaviours of her friends and teachers!

When we got married to the men we loved, we both led our new lives and the contact with each other was reduced. Yet the bond remained strong. "Be strong" were the two words I said to her when she was about to lose someone so very dear to her. I did not know the impact of those words till she told me much later, when it was my turn to receive strength from her.

I have received tremendous help from her and I do not know if I would be able to repay her love, kindness and generosity in this lifetime. Before I could reciprocate, she touched my heart yet again during the Lunar New Year. I held on to the gift and sobbed.

This angel is my third sissy. Thank you so much! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment