School dismissal times are different for the boys every day. It can be 11.20am, 12.20pm or 1.05pm. To transform from being a perpetual car passenger to a pedestrian overnight can be quite intimidating. I have already seen Enzian dashing across the street looking only to one side of the road, thank god that car from the other side was not travelling at high speed! I have also witnessed Ludwig running across the road with his cycling classmate without really making his own judgment whether it was safe enough to get over to the other side of the road. Until they get a grip of how fast the cars are driving from both sides of the road and making the right judgment on the right timing to cross, I am fetching the twins home from school every day. Bart is doing an excellent job, so he gets to walk home with his friends on his own.
This is the sky I am looking at as I laid on the bench at the nearby playground while Enzian and Johann played. I decided to wait for Ludwig, who would be dismissed an hour after Enzian, here instead of going home. Here, they get to play while I steal some moments of laziness.
I can easily watch them from the bench. Close enough to see them, far enough not to hear them too much.
And as I walked home with all of them that afternoon, I was feeling happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment