Friday, July 23, 2010

We are Walking to School

Walking is almost non-existent in Malaysia. So when we moved to Germany slightly more than one week ago, it took a bit of adjustment, especially for Johann (who would always say, “I want to sleep now, I am so tired!”) when he had not even walked for 3 minutes! School is a mere 7 minutes walk away from home versus 30 minutes peak hour drive in Malaysia. For the first two days when the three older ones were in school, I really didn’t know what to do with the additional free time I had gained from not being on the road!! So I was on Facebook all the time!

Of course, reality slowly sets in… that I am not on holiday, I have to prepare lunch. I am not on holiday, I have to do the laundry. I am not on holiday, I have to sweep the floor. I am NOT on holiday, I have to SEPARATE the trash!!! I am not on holiday, but I seem to also have more time to blog and be on FB!

Ok, back to the boys and their new school. They are loving it so much at the moment every day they return home so happy! Enzian and Ludwig are now in separate classes to enable their individual growth and development, so far so good. The three are making new friends every day, and they still embrace football. They told me today that the girls here play much better football than those at their former school in Malaysia! They love their new school life so much that they even love doing their homework!

One shouldn’t ask for more when one is blessed with school-loving kids. I am enjoying their new enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment