Whenever I have new food to introduce or a surprise treat for the boys, I would usually say "Close your eyes and open your mouth". I use this approach for 2 reasons. One is because they are quite resistent to trying new food and the other is just so nice to see the happy looks from their faces when it is a treat such as a chocolate.
This afternoon, shortly after we returned home from school, I saw Enzian opening his secret box revealing several small green seedlike fruits, he must have collected them from the school grounds. I thought he was about to place one of them in his mouth and quickly cautioned him he shouldn't do that if that was what he was thinking. I explained to them that while there are many types of fruits that are edible, there are also many more that are not and might even be poisonous. In addition, he should also not gesture that he was trying to eat them since Johann is so good at imitating everything that he sees. I instructed him to dispose them immediately in case Johann finds them and eat them.
Enzian's green seedlike fruits.
Case closed and we went upstairs to take showers. Then I overheard Enzian telling Ludwig, "Ludwig, close your eyes and open your mouth". Enzian must have hidden a few of those fruits with him, I thought. I raised my voice a little, "Ludwig, don't!" as I walked towards their bedroom. Enzian was holding something in his pincer grip.
Me: What are you trying to do to Ludwig?
En: (flashing his biggest smile at me) Nothing.
Me: Are you going to throw the fruit into Ludwig's mouth?!
En: No.
Me: What are you holding in your hand?
En: My "pi sai".... hehehe... ("pi sai" is Teochew, a chinese dialect. "pi" is nose, "sai" is shit.)
No comments:
Post a Comment