On the first day of Chinese New Year, we visited my paternal grandmother who is 87 this year. We were the first family to arrive and we brought with us a noisy bunch of kids. There were a lot of chinese new year cookies and snacks, chocolates and packet drinks. The children were in heaven! After the formal greetings and ang baos, we sat around in the living room helping ourselves to the food.
I haven't met my grandmother for a full 2 years. She could hardly remember who I was when I greeted her. The funny thing was, I thought she remembered my sons! Since we can't predict when we will see her again, we snapped a few photos with her for keepsake.
I haven't met my grandmother for a full 2 years. She could hardly remember who I was when I greeted her. The funny thing was, I thought she remembered my sons! Since we can't predict when we will see her again, we snapped a few photos with her for keepsake.
Grandma and all her great-grandchildren from his second son, my father. Front, from left: Zelda, Ludwig, Bart, Grandma, Johann, Ralph and Enzian. Back, from left: Zhihao carrying Tessa and Caroline carrying Rachel (better known as Tingting).
This picture was taken in 2007. Me and my four sons. Johann was still so little! My grandma hasn't changed a bit! Next to Bart seats my mother.


correction to the caption of the first picture, should be grandma and all her great-grandchildren/ her second son's grandchildren
ReplyDelete:P
Hehe.. thanks for pointing out!
ReplyDelete