This Monday was Johann's first official day at kindergarten. Since he was satisfied and displayed comfort when he went for his trial the week before, I have decided to enrol him there.
For a start, he will only attend kindergarten twice a week, every Tuesday and Thursday, from 9.00 to 11.30am. This timing is perfect for us, as it matches with the schedule of my German class. This way, there is something constructive to occupy his time with when I am in class, and it allows me to fetch him from kindergarten right after my class. The only small problem is I cannot send him to kindergarten personally. For a small fee, his teacher will come every Tuesday and Thursday mornings to pick him up, along with a couple of other children. Hopefully he will take it well next week when he sees his teacher fetching him!
I was with him throughout the 2.5 hours session, but keeping my visibility to him to a minimum. He showed trust and a sense of security in the environment he was in. The appropriate management and warmth of his teacher helped him to settle in tremendously.
Still new to classroom rules and regulations, he sat right in front of his teachers during story time.
Coincidentally, it was a birthday celebration of an older child, he was one of the three youngest children who chose to enjoy the cake while the rest played games organised by the teachers.
Monday's session went very smoothly. I am confident, yet nervous, of his first day at kindergarten without me tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment