Raising my voice too quickly at my boys. Many a times, they are really just being themselves. You know, things like pretending not to hear me (unless it is, “Who wants ice cream?” Or chocolates or sweets or anything that’s sweet); not picking up their dirty laundry from their bathroom, or worse, scattering their clothes everywhere on the floor; leaving their cupboard open after pulling out their clothes; laughing too loudly amongst themselves with their own jokes; not taking their showers when it is time to do so, and when in the shower, you can’t get them out anymore; forgetting to flush the toilet after use; attempting to avoid washing their hands with soap after eating greasy food, and before I catch them, I usually give them a chance, “I want to check if you have washed your hands clean”, they will always make a U-turn back to the sink and start pumping soap on their palms; and so many more. On good days, I will just give them my patience. On bad days, they are not so lucky. Sometimes, on extremely bad days, I would cry in my room after scolding them. I never told them.
Housework. Doing the laundry and cooking consume the most of my time. Not forgetting mopping the floors twice a week, changing the bedsheets once a week, and other little things here and there. My weekly cleaner can only do that much. Where is the time and energy left for the children? No wonder I have bad days.
Sleep. I need at least 7 hours of slumber to be able to function normally. Ideally, it should be 8 hours. Then that day would be considered a good day. I am hoping to increase my daily average sleeping time to 7 hours, from the current 6 or less. Why can’t my body function just the same if I slept fewer hours!? I would be able to do more in a day and still have a good day!
Driving. Sending the boys to school and fetching them home three times a day from Mondays to Thursdays and twice a day on Fridays. This is due to different dismissal times in their levels. That would be 3 hrs x 4 days + 2 hrs x 1 day = 14 hrs per week x 4 weeks = 56 hrs per month (for a 4-week month). That’s my youth!!!! My youth wasted on the road! Things improve when my dear husband sometimes sends them to school in the mornings and when I carpool with a mother who lives nearby. At this very point, I must say I would have to waste a maximum of another 56 hrs of my youth. Thereafter, driving is no longer necessary in Germany!!!
Nag. Don’t misunderstand. I am not a serial nagger. In fact, I think I nag very little. But that’s what I think. Maybe I should ask my husband tomorrow. I shall try to be very objective with his opinions. My goal is to not having to nag at my very-long-working-hours-husband at all. Wow… I think I just perfected the dreams of many husbands and became a living proof that an asian wife is submissive! Sorry, I am far from that. Also, nagging at children is a different category.
No comments:
Post a Comment