Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Give, Not for the Purpose of Receiving...

… give, because you want to.  I am not talking about giving money here.  It will be a separate topic altogether, even though the same topic applies.  I am talking about offering and giving help to others.  Unfortunately, I do not have plenty of first-hand experiences of the saying the more you give, the more you receive.  I even feel ashamed of having to admit it.  Kind of show that I am not a giving person.  Bleh.  At those times when I did receive, after I gave, I always felt the karma of what goes around, comes around.  I have also learnt that if I gave with the expectation of getting something in return, it will not work.  Always.  Really.

While I am undoubtedly thankful for what I receive, the bigger joy is to give.  It swells my heart up to see the people I happened to have helped either expressing their sincerest gratitude, made their day, lifted their spirits or simply knowing that I could be of help.  Then slowly, good things start happening to me and my family.  It is amazing!

I should start giving more!

No comments:

Post a Comment