On Sunday late afternoon, the whole family decided we took a walk to a nearby mini-mart to buy a few FIFA 2010 World Cup stickers for the boys. Because I had seen snakes twice on the track that we walked on, I wanted Christophe to revise with the boys what they should do when they see a snake. The three older boys remembered they have to stay quiet, then walk away slowly from the snake. Chances are, it will leave us alone, as it might be more frightened than us and it will leave ASAP, at least that was what happened when I encountered the snakes on two separate days. Satisfied with their answers, we proceeded to work with Johann, who is turning 4 next month, on getting it right.
Me: What happens when you see a snake?
Johann: I will take a gun and shoot it, then it will die. (Boys’ laughter in the background)
Me: OK, but what will you do when you really see a snake?
Johann: I will take a gun and shoot it! (More boys’ laughter)
Me: OK, but what will you do when you see a snake and you don’t have a gun?
Johann: Then I will use my water-gun and shoot water at it, and it will die. (Even more laughter)
Me: But when you see a snake and you don’t have your water-gun with you, what will you do?
Johann: I will go home and take my water-gun, then I will shoot it.
Me: ……
He did finally understand what he had to do, after some explanation. But I simply love his answers, full of innocence and idealism.
No comments:
Post a Comment