Monday, July 5, 2010

Ich habe bestanden! (I Passed!)

This is my german teacher (lady on the right), Frau Doris Chin-Mundt. She is my role model, she learnt german as a foreign language, attained proficiency in it and is the language department head of Goethe-Institut in KL, Malaysia! She has my deepest respect and admiration, not only does she speak English and German fluently, she also speaks excellent Mandarin (without the local accent!) and Cantonese, and I think being Malaysian, she should also speak Bahasa Malaysia.

I attended the B1.1 once a week Saturday classes with her from March to beginning of July this year and boldly but extremely reluctantly sat for the B1 exam today. Thanks to her confidence in me and her insistence that I took the exam before I leave for Germany, I actually passed my exam!! So all my stress were well worth it! Vielen Dank, Frau Mundt!

Of course, I must also mention that Christophe pushed me as much as Frau Mundt to take the exam. We even argued over it! Now that it is over, but more importantly, that I have passed, I can only express my gratitude to them by continuing my journey to master this difficult language!

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Pauline,
    ich gratuliere dir ganz herzlich zur bestandenen Prüfung des ZD. Da hatte ich gar keine Zweifel, dass du es schaffen konntest. Du hast das Thema im mündlichen Ausdruck sehr gut behandelt und darüber habe ich mich sehr gefreut.

    ReplyDelete