This is a meat dish made from minced raw beef fillet. Add some finely chopped chives, seasonings and a raw egg. Mix well. Spread on rye bread. Eat it RAW.
Apparently, beef tartare is regarded as a gourmet dish and it is very popular in Europe. I guess in this family of six, Christophe is the only gourmet. We were only involuntarily adventurous enough to try a small bite of the so-called delicacy. I couldn’t quite taste the beef and the raw egg, it felt slimy in my mouth though, but because my bite was so small, I couldn’t judge if I liked it or not, so I took a second small bite. Hmm.. same thing. I thought I did well in being adventurous, so it was totally fine with me for still not being able to decide if I like it. I was done with two bites. Perhaps, I will try again in the future. It might take me time to acquire the taste, or it might not.
Well, he wasn’t too unhappy about it since he got to eat all of it without having to share, like any other delicious food he makes.
No comments:
Post a Comment