These boys were banned from watching television for three days, because they didn’t put their plates in the dishwasher day after day for one week. No TV, few toys, no books, bad weather. Their challenges to keep themselves entertained is… hmm… insignificant.
“Let’s build a car!” suggested Bart. They were especially fast in eating at lunch, they cleaned up their playing cards in seconds, they kept their dishes and wiped the table, then they were back to building their car upstairs, they had a major project to complete, a big focus.
They made use of whatever there is in their room – arm chairs, foldable chairs, rack from a mobile clothes hanger, quilts, pillows, soft toys and a cooler box. Throw them together, and a car with the length of a limousine is born!
I remember when I was little, I too, took a few chairs, lined them up behind each other and imagined that I was going somewhere in my make-believe train. That image was so clear, because my mother took a picture of me in that train. That photograph (not pictured here) captured one of my many childhood memories. This photograph will do the same for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment