School holidays will be over in just 4 days. Come next Tuesday, Bart will begin his middle school education, called Gymnasium here. His gymnasium is 3.1km away and takes approximately 20 minutes of cycling time from home. On cold, rainy days and in winter, he will have to take the bus.
Christophe took time off from his work to show Bart the way today. Since our bicycles are taking longer than expected to arrive, we took the bus. He will have to take 2 buses to get to school, or he could walk about 15-20 minutes and take just one bus.
While the journey to his gymnasium is just 3.1km, I wonder if he realizes he is also embarking on his life journey towards greater independence. It is without a doubt a milestone for him, and a bigger one for me too, towards learning to let go. He is growing up too fast, I find it hard to believe that this boy that is now standing at 154cm was once a baby… even harder to face the fact that I have to learn to let go more and more sooner than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment