Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wake Me Up When September Ends II

As we welcome autumn - the dwindling temperature, cloudier skies and shortening days, we also see the ripening of the wine grapes in the garden, the fruit that I was longing to harvest more than a month ago. Now they are all ripe at the same time and there are so many we don't know what to do with them, other than having them on the breakfast table every morning, as a mid-afternoon snack and eat them during tea breaks.

Perhaps, I will learn how to turn them into jams and bake pies with them next year. But for now, I will just treat myself in its wholesome goodness at its freshest form.

Note: Autumn officially starts on 21 September in the calendar year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they look so succulent and sweet! If only I can trade a packet of instant noodles for a few bunches since you have so many :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must you remind me of instant noodles?! The grapes are indeed very sweet! Hehehe... I might not want to trade afterall, doesn't sound like a very good deal to me - ONE packet for a FEW bunches?! Haha..

    ReplyDelete