This chicken soup was personally delivered by Opa in the early afternoon. Oma cooked a big pot of it upon hearing that I wasn't feeling well. It was so tasty, I ate 4 bowls over a span of 6 hours. And there was still enough to feed the boys for dinner.
Christophe also wasn't on tip-top condition, both his father and Tante Inge also personally delivered some medications for him, including lozenges for my throat.
When we newly arrived here, Meme prepared for us a first-aid kit and medicine for common illnesses. Today, she and Pepe took Bart to a farm to allow me some quality resting time. Tomorrow, they will be bringing the three older ones to the zoo during the day and go to a theater in the evening.
Today, Tante Inge, who herself has to be admitted to the hospital tomorrow for some treatments, brought Ludwig to examine his eyesight, an appointment that was arranged weeks earlier. He needs new glasses.
It sounds like we, the youngsters, are abusing their elderly relatives. It should be the other way around! Aren't the grown-up children supposed to take care of their elderly parents? So inconsiderate and shameless even, to blog about it. But, with only 5 days left, piles of work to complete here before Christophe sets off to KL, plus now a sick wife, our hands are really tied. I am also questioning what we have done to deserve this.
The hot soup not only warms up my body, it also warms up my heart. I do actually feel better. Most importantly, I shall remember the love, generosity and kindness that have been whole-heartedly showered upon us. I will return the deed in due time, not by obligation but because I want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment