
I had never expected that the first bath I am running for is not for me, not for Christophe, not for the boys, but for Lego. The kids had been deprived of toys for 4 months and counting, and god knows when we will get back our things from the container, we decided we had waited reasonably long enough. So we ordered some Lego online, used but in very good condition.
At 40 degrees Celsius with a few drops of detergent, the Lego bricks were soaked in the bathtub overnight. Better be safe than sorry, was what I thought to myself before allowing them to play with the bricks. I am quite impressed with my proactive hygienic actions nowadays. Hehe...

This morning, Johann and I fished out all 12kg of Lego one handful scoop at a time. Johann was really distracted, he kept on forgetting he was supposed to help me, instead he was searching for the Lego figures, jet pack, soccer balls, coins... So in the end, I was the only one scooping, transferring the drained bricks to a towel in the living room, spreading them flat on the floor to dry. That was not all, I did a scan and discovered that the overnight soaking did not completely remove the dirt that had been collected on those flat plates. I picked up all those pieces and starting brushing the dirt off in a small bucket of warm water with
my toothbrush, because I couldn't find any used ones in the house!
When all these were done, I was done too. I laid flat in bed and snored through the doorbells rang by my poor father-in-law, who was here to bring us the lanterns for the boys' St. Martin festival in school later in the evening. He was waiting in the cold outside for more than half-an-hour! I felt sooo bad... such a lousy daughter-in-law! Bleh...
真是严重洁癖!哈哈!Somemore use toothbrush to scrub :S
ReplyDelete-HS