Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Lost Mitten

Enzian lost one side of his newly bought snow mitten at the St. Martin Festival. He was so sad, Bart accompanied him all the way back to school in a failed attempt to search for it. He came home cold and disappointed, but there was nothing more we could do. Days passed, and after searching in the school's lost and found boxes, there was still no traces of the dearly missed mitten. We eventually resigned to the fact that we would never see it again, ever.

3.5 weeks later, some very strange thing happened as we were coming home from school. Somehow, my intuition told me to keep a lookout for the lost mitten. I was paying attention to all foreign objects laying on the ground/snow. Soon afterwards, I stumbled into one colourful glove. Enzian's mitten was gray, that obviously didn't belong to him. I kept looking, the feeling got stronger. It was like I was holding a mime sensor, the beeping tone got faster and higher as we approached the... what a minute! What was that?! I saw a gray mitten lying on the road side, half-covered in snow, but a gray mitten nonetheless. I yelled over to Enzian so he could identify if that mitten was his.

When he confirmed that it was, we both jumped and screamed for joy, like what you would see in an exaggerated TV drama.

Now the mittens are reunited. Hmm... if the reunion of just these mittens can make one so happy, I can imagine the wonderful feeling of the REUNION with all my loved ones... in time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment