Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bart's Bad Bug

On the way back from the doctor, visibly tired with a forced smile.

The day after his handball tournament, he fell sick. Bart stayed healthy throughout the period that I was down with the flu, so I was quite surprised he just became ill when no one else in the family was unwell.

After lots of rest over the weekend, he still wasn't fit to go to school on Monday. His temperature rose in school when he went back on Tuesday, it was a bad decision to have gone in the first place. It turned out that a few classmates were also sick, including his class teacher. On Wednesday, after consulting the doctor, he was advised to rest at home for the week. He has since recovered quite a bit, even though he still has stomach upsets.

Bart called his classmates everyday to check for the homework they were given so he could also do them. He also writes a story a day to practise his writing. He has been such a darling too, he even asked if he could help me do some housework when I could see he was feeling tired and weak from his numerous visits to the toilet. I had to keep telling him to please go and rest so he could get well again.

I think I have caught his bug too, but in a milder version. I hope I will be fit enough to cook them all a nice hot meal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment