The 5-month deprivation was not easy. It was torture. I could almost admit to any crime that I didn't commit just to eat it again. Yet my naughty sissy wanted me to wait 6 months before she decides if she would send them. Read that: IF she would send them. Not that she would send them when I reach the 6-month mark. How cruel! I guess she couldn't understand what an addict have to go through going cold turkey.
Thank god for BFF, ok, ok, also Christophe. Hehehe... I loudly announced I was going to be in the kitchen cooking my noodles. It wasn't necessary, the boys were all in school. I think I might have acted a bit silly, but it was so hard to withhold my ecstasy.
The strange familiarity of tearing the corners of the little packets of the seasonings, chilli powder, onion oil and thick black sauce into a bowl while waiting for the water to boil. The washing of some salad leaves, in replacement of the non-existence choy sum, that adds some fibre and crunchiness to the bite. The mixing of the noodles suddenly brings back an explosive flavour of nostalgia, instantly teleports me back to my ever so familiar kitchen in kampung ara. Looking out of my window, why am I seeing snow instead of Mrs Tan's garden? My saliva glands malfunction on the spot and over-activate uncontrollably. I pinch myself on the cheeks if I was dreaming, ouch, I was not. Phew!
I brought the noodles to the table, wearing the widest smile that could fit my face. My dope is ready. I am ready. I couldn't stop smiling. Oh, was I the merriest person! When I brought the first noodle to my mouth, I couldn't open it! Because I was still smiling! It took me a few attempts to stop that silly girl's smile before I could taste my bestest culinary cuisine. After a few mouthfuls, I thought I should not forget my manners, so I asked Christophe if he wanted some, especially when I was slurping and mmm-ing so shamelessly, he politely said no. Phew! I was honestly relieved he didn't share my high.
I was a very, very satisfied girl today. Very. *silly grin*
Wow you really remember what I said leh! Furthermore with the very correct interpretation! Ok, now you've got 10packets. The clock is RESET! *devil grin*
ReplyDeleteI felt like I was reading an account from a survivor stranded on an island who got the first taste of noodles in a very long time.
ReplyDelete-Shin