Monday, January 24, 2011

Breakfast Before School

The breakfast that I prepare for the boys in the mornings have been rotating between bread with butter and jam/honey and bread with butter and ham/salami. One morning, out of a sudden, I felt quite disgusted by my lack of creativity and love in the preparation of the most important meal of the day for the boys.

Thinking on my feet, I quickly put a few eggs in the water to boil. While waiting, I cut a few kiwi fruits and heated up their fresh milk. The whole process might have cost me an additional 5 minutes, but the result - the children's positive feedback and happy faces had ever since motivated me to serve them a more varied form of breakfast.

Since then, I do my best to make sure I don't repeat the same breakfast two days in a row - breakfast cereals, cakes, assortment of cookies and biscuits, eggs and sausages, bread with butter/jam/honey (certainly), milk, kiwi fruits, oranges, apples and pears.

No comments:

Post a Comment