Sunday, August 28, 2011

Doing the Laundry

Christophe made Enzian and Ludwig hand wash their laundry today. These two have been too playful, lazy and unappreciative of the things that have been done for and provided to them on a daily basis. I don't even want to write down the real reasons why they have to do their laundry. It is not for your eyes, nor mine, to read them. So he felt they should go behind the scenes of my extremely mundane, but at the same time very important mother duties to literally get hands-on with my chores. A lesson, which will carry on for a while, until they finally realise and learn the meaning of appreciation.

Hopefully.

I say hopefully, because I could hear both of them turning the washing into a game. Apart from the splish, splash, splosh, I heard giggles and the teasing of each other throughout the whole process. I am quite doubtful if this lesson will be valuable.

But we will never know until we try it out for a while. Sometimes, I am really at my wit's end at how to deal with these two. They are the highest mess churners in the family. The weakest in tidying-up and the most distracted ones. No amount of negative AND positive reinforcements have proven their effectiveness. I have tried all ways. You name it, I tried it.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment