Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Settling in the New Routine

Actually the day after I published Searching for the Meaning of My Life, Again, things started to become better.  I don't doubt the therapeutic effects writing have on me, I just didn't expect it to come forth so quickly, for I woke up to a happier being.

I thought it would take me a couple more weeks to get used to the new routine, so the almost instant acceptance after my venting to my discounted free time in the mornings did raise my eyebrow.  I am not going to complain, neither am I going to spend time wondering why I am happy again.  I am happy that I am happy.

To prove that I am really happy, here is my happy face! :o)
The new, more packed routine has its advantages.  It forces me to work more efficiently and manage my time more effectively.  I can't help but feel a small sense of pride to see the house still kept clean and tidy, at times even better than before!  However, the time I used to have for meeting my friends has reduced quite drastically, that fact was a little difficult to swallow, especially in the beginning.  In order to meet friends, I now need advanced planning, and even so, I could only be out for up to 3 hours, compared to the previous 6 hours.  But better than none at all, once to twice a week of meeting friends is better than cooping in the house cooking and cleaning all week long.

After all, this is a sacrifice I am willing to make for the children.  At the ages between 5-11 years old, I recognise I play a big role in their future.  Already, I can see overall positive changes in the children's performance in school.  It is a great feeling, and the price to pay to get that feeling is all so worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment