We talk and discuss just about anything under the sun - children, husband, retirement, gardening, social etiquette, matters of the heart, health and whatever that comes to our minds. Sometimes we would play a game of scrabble. Once in a while, I would surprise them with a spelling test and I love watching their unprepared and nervous expressions.
| This is the typical table setting of the "class". There will always be cakes, snacks, breads, coffee, tea, juice, presecco and sometimes even Champagne! |
I have gained a lot of knowledge and stolen so much wisdom from them. Spending time with them gives me an insight to how I might spend my golden years in the future. Being with this group of senior ladies throws me some new light, that people's priorities change as they age. They have taught me much - about happiness, contentment, friendship, and making the best out of the last stages of the fragile life cycle. Sad but true.
Writing is indeed a deeper reflection of my thoughts. It is reminding me to exercise patience and understanding towards my children, for they are in a stage of their lives where everything else is not as important as themselves. Hence helping them strike a balance between work and play, and teaching them to be more aware of others (and their feelings) around them requires just this kind of reminder to give me the right quantities of strength to help me pull through the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment