Monday, July 30, 2012

I Am Still Alive

It's just that I have been ultra busy this month. There are so many things going on at the same time that require my participation that leave me über exhausted at the end of everyday.

July is a month of parties of every sort. Birthday parties, summer parties, end of school year parties, barbecue parties. I organized two birthday parties for my boys, the twins and Johann. Anyone who has organized a party before would know how much work and planning are involved, especially when it is held at home, more so when it is a one-man show.

And for other parties organized by the schools and kindergarten, the parents are encouraged to bring some food as their contribution, in most cases, it is a requirement. So I had to cook lots of food. Once, I wrapped 210 Siew Mai's (steamed meat dumplings, a form of dim sum) for two occasions that took place on the same day. Then I fried three times noodles and prepared deep fried wantons. All for the schools and kindergarten. I could have just baked (or rather, bought) a cake or even bring some fruits, which could obviously cut down my workload. But I didn't like the idea of bringing something so generic. I wanted to bring something that reflects my culture, and I know Asian food is always a hit amongst the Europeans, so that little bit of effort and time from me is a small price to pay to see their delight and hear their praises of my culinary skills. Hehe...

Anyway, I thought I would pop by to say hello before I disappear for god knows how long again.

I will be back. Enjoy your summer holidays! I know I will! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment