Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What brings me back here?

When was the last time I posted on my blog?  Gosh... It's almost one year ago!  I haven't forgotten about this blog.  I never did.  So many things have happened in this past one year, so many occurrences I would have loved to pen them down.  Special ones, unforgettable ones, sad ones, happy ones, exciting ones and the daily ones.

I encountered a shift in my mentality which I can't decide whether if it's good or bad.  I decided I should spend my time living every moment, sleeping earlier rather than staying up late typing away my dairies.  As a result, I lived a wonderful full life.  On the other hand, with my deteriorating memory, not recording those special moments here might just be as good as flushing them down the drain.

So why am I back here?  There are at least two ways that will drive me to come here.  One, is when I have great news to share, proud moments to boast, or just plain over the moon mood.  The other one, is when I am feeling a little down and in need of a place to vent.  Today, it is the latter.

Bart's lower front teeth broke yesterday at his friend's house, I don't know yet the true story, but according to what he told us (they were dancing and his friend's hand accidentally hit his teeth and they broke), we don't buy the story.

I am not really in the mood of writing every detail.  Long story cut short, he had been to the dentist 3 times within a time span of less than 24 hours.  The dentist says the nerves of his affected teeth has a 40% chance of recovery.  That is scarily low for the teeth that are barely used for a decade.  We were forewarned that the repaired teeth can break anytime, and if he experienced any pain, he must be examined by the dentist immediately.  We are to visit the dentist once a week to monitor his condition, and be mentally prepared for the pricey tooth implants as long term solution.

If this isn't enough to cause me sleepless nights and loss of appetite, let's add the husband's short-fuse since the incident happened.  I am still too hurt to calmly write down what I have to swallow till now.  Not my style at all.  I bite back.  But I am not.  I am not sure if I would ever come back here to log down the details.  To have to recall and type them down means I have to rake up all the emotions again.  I don't really want to do that.

People can be utterly unreasonable.
People think that they are the only ones that are shouldering many tasks at any one time.
People tend to forget other people have feelings too.
People assume that they are the one and only mighty one taking in all the load and others just take a ride and enjoy a nice life.

I want to come back here.  Writing is some form of relief for me.  I don't feel good, but I feel better than before I started.



No comments:

Post a Comment