Friday, January 9, 2009

I'll be missing you...

After a year of separation, the only contact that we had was an occasional phonecall that usually never last for 10 minutes. Embarrassingly, the phone conversations that we held were almost always accidental, because you were not the person I had in mind to talk to when I dialled your house number. But I assure you, though these calls were few and brief, they were always pleasant and dear to my heart.

Which was your favourite activity in these 2 months? I have plenty! Was it the football matches with the boys? Was it the time you spent telling me (sometimes bitching) about your friends (and people you dislike)? Was it the shopping at pasar malams buying dirt-cheap clothes and many other things? Was it the pancake soup? Was it sleeping for hours and hours due to your high fever? Was it the satay, char kway teow, mee sup, curry puffs? Was it the meeting of the charismatic guy (haha!) from the optical shop? Was it the shopping at the malls? Was it the baking and decorating of the christmas cookies? Was it stomping out from the house after someone pulled out the phone cable? Was it getting your pimples extracted and eyebrows shaped? Was it the boys' school's christmas concert and the pot-luck buffet? Was it helping me to create my blog so I could also start blogging? Was it the spaghetti bolognese, pancakes, pasta with creamy sauce, chicken rice? Was it showering for the boys? Was it taking Johann to the park in the mornings? Was it doing nothing and feeling bored at times? Was it learning 'eins', 'zwei', 'drei' from the boys and getting laughed at for your inaccurate pronounciation? Was it decorating the christmas trees and wrapping so many presents? Was it the free bowling birthday party? Was it the nail-painting? Was it going to the immigration office to extend your stay?

I was so glad you decided to extend your stay in MY. You have become so much a part of our lives that it would suddenly feel incomplete if you left then. I don't know what it's going to be like when we drive back without you tomorrow. The thought of it makes my eyes moist. I look so forward to wake up early tomorrow to make sandwiches with you (for my failing memory's sake, it's for our outing to Marina Barrage with xiaojie's family), I know we will enjoy rushing and making 4-5 different types of sandwiches!

Yet I dread about tomorrow... It means we will have to say good-bye and I don't want that. God knows when we'll meet again but I don't (!!!), and not knowing that makes my heart ache. Till our next reunion, best of luck to your 'O' levels results. I will be reading your very entertaining and juicy blog so please be sure to update it as often as you can.

Ich liebe dich und ich werde dich vermissen! Tschüss, meine kleine schwester!

No comments:

Post a Comment