This morning was the day I saw Johann off at my gate. He has to go to the kindergarten with arranged transportation (due to my German class schedule). To make sure he understands the procedure, I have booked for him an additional day (today, where I have no class on) this week to help him to familiarise better.
I repeated the steps to Johann many times over. He listened and responded in a somewhat business-like manner, he seemed to partly understand, yet partly confused. The teacher was on time, I could see his hesitation and uncertainty but at the same time, his desire to ride in his teacher's "cool, blue car". After he was securely strapped, he waved goodbye to me, still quite unsure of what was happening. Seconds later, he cried for me, but after I reassured him I will fetch him later from the kindergarten, I shut the car door and his teacher quickly drove off so as to minimise his separation anxiety.
When I arrived at the kindergarten 2.5 hours later, he was a happy boy. The teacher told me he had stopped crying before they even arrived. That was a relief! After gathering his bag and water-bottle, we both went home, satisfied.
I now know for sure my little boy will be fine without me tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment