This morning, I experienced first-hand how it would have felt to have only one child. I woke up at 6.15am, went to Enzian’s room to wake him up, even had time to sit on his bed and stroked him to rouse him from his sleep. Strolled slowly downstairs, made breakfast for him, his dad and I. Sat with him and made small talks until it was time for him to leave for school. What a relaxing morning!
A typical weekday morning goes like this… alarm clock rings at 5.30am, I snooze till 5.45am, pull myself up from bed by 5.50am, quick wash by 6am then wake boys up before rushing downstairs to prepare their breakfast and snack boxes for school, remove dishes from dishwasher from the night before, remove laundry from the washing machine that was programmed to complete the wash by 6am, stuff in another load of clothes into the machine. Boys come downstairs by 6.30am (they don’t usually automatically come down, I have to keep reminding them to come down while I multitask downstairs). Boys sit down for breakfast between 6.30-6.40am, they must finish by 7am. Most time, I get them to bring out the trash and water the plants at the same time while I quickly wash their breakfast plates and cups. Next, they pack their water bottles and snack boxes into their school bags, put their socks and shoes on, load the car with their schoolbags and leave the house latest by 7.10am. It is always rushed and stressful.
The three boys were feverish this morning, so they slept in and skipped school. I am destined to lead a stressful life, for as long as the children are still young. I look forward to my retirement. Hehehe..
No comments:
Post a Comment