Johann posing for his lunch – rice with tomatoes with eggs, lady’s-fingers and angled gourd.
It pleasures me to bring home-cooked lunch to school every day, from Mondays to Thursdays (Fridays are half days, we eat at home). It is without a doubt troublesome and time-consuming, but it is satisfying to see my children eat the meal I specially prepare for them. Always hot and piping. Higher in nutritional value. Never once the most expensive delicacy, but certainly always prepared and cooked with love. I make some efforts to serve them varieties too – sometimes chinese; quite often italian; once in a while japanese; many a times german; or when I feel like it, american; but never malay nor indian food as they are too spicy for all of us.
Naturally, there are days that I feel lazy or just too tired to cook, so I would buy take-aways or simply buy the food in their school tuckshop. I try not to feel guilty when I do that, I am still struggling to ease myself a bit when I take a break from cooking.
Hmm… what should I cook tomorrow?
No comments:
Post a Comment