When I came back from my german class on Sunday, Enzian was so excited to tell me that he had pulled out his front tooth. This boy is turning 8 in less than 3 weeks, he had lost only 2 teeth so far. The rest of his peers and classmates one year younger than him are already spotted with many permanent teeth, so he is considered kind of late in this area. (Actually, his brothers are not too different from him, just slightly earlier).
We went about doing our own things after he shared his happy news and no one thought anymore about that until bedtime.
He came into my bathroom with a very worried look, “mama, did you wash the red cup that contained some water downstairs?”, holding a similar cup but in green. I washed numerous things, including cups that day, I tried hard to recall. Yes, I actually washed a red cup today, a cup that was half-filled with water. I even drank the water before washing it, but I swear I didn’t see nor swallow his tooth. So I told him. Upon hearing that, he was close to shrieking, “my tooth was in that cup and it was not drinking water!”, and he started to cry. While he was so sad at the loss of his tooth forever, I was disgusted with my drinking of the tooth water!!! Not so much the unfiltered chlorinated tap water, but the blood and his saliva that was dissolved in it! Not the tooth, I really didn’t see the tooth! Of course I did not have time to feel nauseous over this drinking episode, I had to console him, but it was only this much I could manage, “please tell daddy what happened and ask him what you could do”.
He came back up and told me he would have to write a letter to the tooth fairy to explain why she would never get to take his tooth away, but to please still give him the RM10. So it was the money that he was after! That tooth represented money to him! No tooth = no money! What a realistic boy!
This was what he wrote:
Liede Zahnfe ich had mein Zahn ferlorrenn ader meine Mutter hat von den Becher getrungen wo mein Zahn trin war. Koenen sie mir noch 10 RM geden.
No comments:
Post a Comment