Haven’t ironed clothes for more than 20 years!!! Because I really don’t enjoy the chore, so I only buy and wear clothes that don’t require ironing. Save electricity, save time, save money, save the hassle.
In Malaysia, we had a part-time maid that ironed Christophe’s shirts and trousers. But who’s going to do it here? He, for sure, will not. So I am the only obvious one left. Sigh!
After ironing a pair of trousers and 10 shirts, it wasn’t as bad, tedious and difficult as I had always remembered. After all these years, I cannot believe I can still remember how to iron! It was literally no sweat at all, since I was doing the ironing in the coldest part of the house – the basement! The only negative thing from this whole process was, it brought back memories of my mother showing me, guiding me how to iron my school uniform. She is a champion ironer, I tell you!
It seems like whatever I do here, my subconscious mind will involuntarily take me back to my loved ones that are far, far away… …
No comments:
Post a Comment