I am feeling nostalgic these few days. Playing lots of songs written by my idol, well, more like my elder sis' idol, 梁文福. I can never disassociate 梁文福 with my sis. When you mention him, she would automatically come to my mind. Like a tag. She was fanatic about him, I suspected she was in love with him, collecting every newspapers and magazine reports about him. Whenever he made a TV appearance, she would stick to the set like glue, her eyes never leaving him. She never did talk about him like those silly fans would, at least, she did not with her family members. But her craze for him was too obvious. She knew the lyrics to all his songs, I think she even owned a book or two that is authored by him. It was a healthy form of addiction,
梁文福 is an extremely learned and gifted person, whose words could move so many through his magical weave of poem-like songs through his superb use and fine selection of words. The lyrics he produced reflected his sensitivity to life. So polished, so fine. It is like admiring a piece of china. I wonder what went through her mind (read: heart) when she learned that he got married. I quite believe there is still a place in her heart that she has put aside, just for him. Good choice, anyway.
My appreciation for his songs comes only now, after that episode of translating 细水长流, another of his song to Bart. It was that song that launched me into reading those lyrics of my more preferred songs of his, for instance 排排坐、水的话. I can't help but feel speechlessly awed by his ability to express the innocence of childhood and the reality of adulthood (usually with a deep tinge of sigh). Always so intricately, so beautifully entwined. It is also because of this new found appreciation that I finally understand why she was so infatuated with him. Really a good choice.
I was searching to listen to more of his songs today and I stumbled upon 爱的名字, a song that suitably matches how I have been feeling since Christophe left. Unless I attempt to translate the lyrics, I would never be able to truly understand sympathetically what he was trying to convey. Even after the translation, I would only humbly say that I understand only a fraction of this lovely masterpiece.
爱的名字
作词/曲:梁文福 演唱:梁文福/赖向华
爱是一片海洋 你的心是小船
Love is an ocean, your heart is a little boat
Love is an ocean, your heart is a little boat
爱能载你到最远的地方
Love could bring you to the farthest place
Love could bring you to the farthest place
爱是等待的岸 可以过尽千帆
Love is the awaiting shore, it could sail through thousands of sails
Love is the awaiting shore, it could sail through thousands of sails
只是等你最后的归航
Only waiting for your final return
爱是一扇门窗 你的心是小房
Love is a window, your heart is a little room
爱是一扇门窗 你的心是小房
Love is a window, your heart is a little room
爱是轻敲你寂寞的阳光
Love is the sunshine gently knocking at your loneliness
Love is the sunshine gently knocking at your loneliness
爱是一种方向 可以万水千山
Love is a direction, it can be a long and arduous journey
Love is a direction, it can be a long and arduous journey
你的心是随时出发的地方
Your heart is always the starting point of the journey
爱是一面镜妆 映照你的悲伤
Love is a dressing mirror, it reflects your sadness
爱是一面镜妆 映照你的悲伤
Love is a dressing mirror, it reflects your sadness
多少背影在镜中不能遗忘
How many back views in the mirror cannot be forgotten?
How many back views in the mirror cannot be forgotten?
爱是一盏安祥 唱着不变的原谅
Love is peace, singing the unchanging forgiveness
Love is peace, singing the unchanging forgiveness
让你最孤单时依然坚强
Allowing you to still stand strong when you feel the loneliest.
Allowing you to still stand strong when you feel the loneliest.
爱是一樽盼望 需要你的注满
Love is bottle of hope, it needs you to fill
Love is bottle of hope, it needs you to fill
爱能酝酿你一生的时光
Love could brew the light of your lifetime
Love could brew the light of your lifetime
爱是一颗种子 种在你的心上
Love is a seed, planted in your heart
Love is a seed, planted in your heart
让它萌长成人间的希望
Let it grow to become the hope of the world
The love for 梁文福 is one of pristine admiration of his talent and warm personality. How can one not love a kind brotherly figure whose words are full of insights and wisdom? Who cares if he is not a looker? While looks fadeS with time, his talents and wisdom only grow richer and deeper with time. He is 我心中永远的偶像! :)
ReplyDelete