Monday, January 2, 2012

Re-Inventing Myself

Photo taken at my in-laws on Boxing Day. Love the huge floor-to-ceiling mirror. When am I going to get one at home?
I have subconsciously begun my journey of self re-invention.  Knowing my lack of self-discipline nature, I do not know how far I will take myself in this journey, I certainly hope I could take myself to arrive at my own set destination.  My goal.

I shouldn't have too much of an obstacle to get to where I want, because there is only one task I have to do.  Jogging, that is.  I have no intention to alter my diet, to watch what I eat, to limit the amount I eat.  That would be suicidal.  I love food too much to want to make that huge sacrifice.  I live to eat.  I don't eat to live.
I know this pose is very un-original,  but there aren't too many different poses one can take in front of a mirror?!  It is not your computer screen that is dirty, so don't dirty your screen by rubbing it with your oily fingers, it is the mirror at an H&M dressing room!
I have never tried hard enough for any diet plans, even if I did, I did not successfully follow-through.  But I recently discover I don't seem to mind getting myself out for a jog, especially after seeing these photos I shamelessly took for myself in the fitting rooms, bearing in mind these are all taken after a series of back-to-back feasting.
I hope my next published self-portrait will not show my hand on my hips. Still an amateur in this.  Photo taken on 30.12.11 at a Mango dressing room.
Re-inventing oneself is not that easy.  I am rather unsure of myself.  It takes discipline, persistence, pain (no pain, no gain!) and will.  I find trying clothes out a great motivation for me, so I might just do this type of photo-taking whenever I go shopping.

One got to learn to love oneself before loving those around them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment