Oh my god! I ate my favourite noodle this morning!! It wasn’t so easy nowadays to get to eat asian food, the authentic kind, not those that have been modified to suit the European taste buds.
To be able to enjoy this plate of fried bee hoon (rice vermicelli), I had to visit an asian shop to get the ingredients. I was super thrilled the moment I entered the shop, it felt like “home”! Hahaha… So many things I need to make a simple Chinese or Japanese meal are available here! From light soy sauce to sesame oil, ginger to dried lotus leaves (for rice dumplings), instant noodles to Lee Kum Kee sauces, my favourite prawn crackers to wanton wraps, durians to crabs, canned lychees to black mu’er, balachan to chilli paddies, whatever you name it, they have it! Thank you, my mother-in-law, for the link!! XOX!
I am a happy asian living outside of Asia! Yeah!!
No comments:
Post a Comment