Chantal (mil) and Kurt have taken Bart to the mountains for an overnight stay in a hut that has no water and electricity. The evening before we brought him over to Chantal’s, he said he didn’t want to go because he didn’t want to fall from the mountains and die. His eyes became red, “…because I’m afraid I will not see you again”, he blurted out at the dinner table. I replied matter-of-factly, “Bart, if you really died, then I want to tell you now that I love you very much, even though I am always scolding you.” I shouldn’t have said it, I half meant it as a joke, but it is also true that that is really what I would have told him if I would not see him again. Immediately, he covered his eyes to rub off his streaming tears.
Boy, I was mean. Sorry Bart! I didn’t mean to make you cry, but I did mean what I said. I know you will not fall from the mountains and die, I know I will see you again. Have fun and see you on Tuesday! Miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment