I am starting a diet. I have to. Living in a country where dairy products are in abundance, wide variations and considerably cheaper than in Asia, our intake of cheese, milk, yoghurt and ice cream has increased (embarrassingly) significantly (for Christophe and I). Friends and family all commented I have gained weight. Not surprising, but puh! Not something that sounds too pleasing to my ears.
When I look at pictures of myself, there is only one word to describe: GROSS, in capital letters. As such, the feasting must stop, the dieting must start, the exercising… hmm… is coming soon!
While I would love to look deliciously fabulous (haha), I am still rather reluctant to forgo those fabulously delicious food. In order to strike a balance between starvation and overindulgence, I was in search of a diet plan that will not have me end up miserable and full of food cravings yet be deprived of satisfying them, one that is easy to prepare, ingredients that are readily available here, still tastes fantastic and has been proven effective! It might seem too much to ask for, but I think I have just found the plan that fits my less than stringent requirements!
So this is my lunch today, bolognese sauce with melted emmental cheese with boiled potatoes and herbed baguette. Yummy and fattening. I am strictly following the guidelines of the diet plan, no cheating, I promise!
This is a slow weight-loss program, I am only looking to see some small positive results in 3 months’ time. And when I do, I will share the plan here. Meantime, I should stop lying on my sofa typing away and get out of the house to do my brisk walking instead!
No comments:
Post a Comment