Monday, September 6, 2010

Spareribs with Winter Salad

Haven't had spareribs for a long time. The meat was so soft and juicy, so aromatic and tender. The first mouthful tickled my taste buds so much that I was already yearning for more even before I finished the slab on my plate. Christophe knew the secret to extract the best taste out of the ribs, it was so exceedingly superb that I felt a sharp pain to have to share the remaining with the children! It was so awfully delicious that I insisted we must have the same meal the next day!

The ribs was complemented with a salad. Winter salad. According to the salad expert, aka Christophe, in the family, he explained that this particular salad is very rich in vitamins. So rich that if we didn't cut the leaves into thin strips and soak in cold water for 10-15 minutes, it will taste bitter. It was undeniably heartwarming for him to see the children enjoying the salad, the same salad that he too, as a child enjoyed. I had the feeling it moved him deeply for the children was never receptive to eating salad, especially the green ones. The very same salad with the very same salad dressing recipe of his late grandmother.

Without a doubt, he will get to indulge in this nostalgia throughout winter as this salad will be in abundance during this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment