Friday, October 22, 2010

Basking in the Beauty of Nature

"Wow! Mommy!!! It snowed! It snowed!" squealed Enzian and Ludwig delightfully.

As we were getting ready to go to school this morning, we walked out of the house to see a layer of frost on everything! Grass, leaves, cars, trash bins, to name but a few. It didn't snow. But the dampness throughout the night freezes over when the temperature dips below 0⁰C. Minus 3⁰C to be exact.

After feeling the blues over the past few days of lousy weather (plus it didn't help that I am sick), the frost over is undeniably a welcoming change of scenery. Isn't it ironic, that when the skies are blue, we don't feel the blues? I wonder who labeled "blue" as a feeling of feeling grey and gloomy, that person has truly given injustice to the actual beauty of "blue". I am feeling the greys. Ha, ha. But not today!

I spent some time in the garden appreciating the loveliness this freezing cold weather could bring me. The pretty rose. The frost on the garden water pump, on the raspberry leaves, on the field, on our gate.

The pretty rose.

The manual water pump in our garden.

The raspberry leaves.

At the gate.

I feel connected to earth. I feel peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment