
Johann usually takes a long time to finish his meal. He prefers to chat, going back and forth the table without permission and play to eating. His weight gain here is due to the richer food and food that suits his liking better than in Asia. For instance, he would always choose potatoes over rice, a steak over fried bee hoon. However, there is one Asian dish that stands out amongst all, one that he would always pick over any western dishes. A weakness that I am temporarily able to curb, because unfortunately or fortunately, it is less available and not cheap here. Coincidently, he shares the same weakness with his mother.
Today, something came over me and I decorated his lunch plate. I should have thought about doing this long ago, for he finished his food in record time! It was so fun for him to eat the eyes and the lips, dipping them occasionally in the nose. It made the meal so enjoyable for both of us! Leads me to want to think that kids are actually very easy to handle, their desired behaviour stamps from what I do. Just that little effort and creativity made our day! I am even looking forward to the next meal already!
Just in case his weakness and mine are not obvious enough here, it is instant noodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment