Thursday, October 14, 2010

Developing Gross Motor Skills


This is what I like about Enzian and Ludwig's Tagesheim (children's daycare). When I took Bart and Johann to fetch their brothers, Bart and Johann found themselves something to play quickly. I don't know the name of the wheels that Bart was balancing himself on, but it is an absolute machine that could train and build one's gross motor skills! While Bart certainly needed more practice and focus on his wheels, Johann picked up a roller to ride on in the background.



This is Bart attempting to walk on stilts. I had seen girls taking big steps with the stilts the day before and they were having heaps of fun walking tall and high. So I thought it should be an easy feat for Bart too. He made numerous tries but could not take more than one steady step. It appeared very dangerous and I was gritting my teeth while recording this video. I guess girls might be better in this than boys?

The children are exposed to several different types of activities that fine-tune their coordination skills, I don't remember we were spoilt for choices in my school days, nor am I updated with what is available in the Singapore schools nowadays.

I am just thankful these have become a part of their childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment