Bart has been penalised by his daddy for "having no mood" to help his mother and to do extra schoolwork. To teach him a lesson, he is made to vacuum clean the whole house every Saturday until January next year. I was shocked when I overheard the punishment, I thought it was too tough. But not anymore when he came downstairs to show me how he had modified the way to vacuum clean the floors! He used his scarf that he bought from the flea market, looped it through the handle of the cleaner on his back and fastened it around his waist. I thought that was such a cool idea! It seemed to have made the job easier for him and obviously, his new power backpack made it more fun to him to complete his task!
So, to save his scarf from stretching thin, I suggested he used the sarong that I had brought with me from Malaysia. The length was just perfect! He was so proud of his idea, he sang all through his penalty.
While he was on his job, Enzian cleaned the toilet while Ludwig and Johann wiped the windows in their room. They loved getting all geared up - sponge, cloths, bright orange rubber gloves, a small bucket with all the different types of cleaning solutions stuffed in it. While they all worked, I laid on the sofa and did nothing! That was the coolest thing of all!
No comments:
Post a Comment