I recently got to know an English lady. Last week, we met for coffee in nearby Pasing. It didn't take me long to recognise that I was, again, blessed.
Due to my language deficiency in German with the Germans, I have been so miserably deprived of this privilege for 4 months. The privilege of finally being able to talk to someone in-depth, and listened to someone in-depth, in English. This was a right that I thought I was given by default. I would like to think that it is my birthright. This right, however, had been unfortunately taken away temporarily from me, to my dismay.
We had so much to talk about. We jumped from topic to topic. We took turns talking and listening, while keeping Johann entertained from time to time. Despite our cultural differences and upbringing, we discovered we actually had quite a few things in common.
The Perfect Fairy Cake baked from scratch. It was so delicious, Johann asked for a second one. Below, a tall glass of Latte Macchiato, freshly brewed by her new coffee machine.
This afternoon, Johann and I went over to her house for coffee and muffins (pictured above). We chattered our time away, we posed for photographs before the youngest photographer in the world, and we giggled like teenagers on how fat we looked in the pictures. Luckily, all the girly shots turned out blur, they were really not good enough to be posted.
I believe there will be plenty of opportunities to take pictures in the future. I am looking forward already.
No comments:
Post a Comment