Eventually, when the weather turns colder as summer comes to an end while autumn eagerly takes over, the skies are mostly grey and cloudy, fiercely filtering sun rays from coming through. Despite being homesick, I still thought nothing much about the weather but I did start to appreciate the beauty of the sky when it was blue. Involuntarily, I do not feel like getting out of the house when I don't see strong rays, I just want to coop up at home. Multiply this by many similar grey days in a row, the result can be a little depressing.
Blue and grey. Up and down. Happy and sad. A stark contrast.
I now know why people get out when the skies are blue. Because, I make a point to get out too, when the skies are blue. Here, the blue skies are so precious, I grab every minute I have to spend in the sun, with the sun. Pushing all things aside, I allow myself to be kissed and caressed shamelessly and openly by its radiating rays, feeling my whole body slowing warming up by the intimate contact. It leaves me yearning for more when it sets, for I don't know when it will return.
In tropical regions, blue skies are just, well, another ordinary day. How things have changed for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment