Saturday, November 6, 2010

Turning 38

Me posing next to a big bouquet of lilies, my favourite flowers, from Chris and Nicky. The house smells so good!

I was only 24 years old yesterday, hopelessly in love, on my way up the corporate ladder, travelling frequently on business assignments, working long unmanly hours, earning a very good salary.

24 hours later, I am married, borne four sons, became a stay-home-mom, moved to Malaysia, then to Germany, and turned 38.

I am older, but happier. I cannot imagine what my life would be being single and childless. My full-time profession must be über cool, an envy to many and an inspiration to others. Otherwise, why would I wake up this morning to see a breakfast plate filled with love cheerfully greeting me, luring me, "eat me, eat me..."?

and a look-great-and-taste-even-greater birthday cake from Christophe, a cherry cake baked by Oma? I am still feeling high, from a home-made mildly sweetened, lightly carbonated, mushroom drink. Maybe I am suffering from hallucinations. I had better stop typing.

I will be back to post more about my turning 38. Good night. Hiccup.

No comments:

Post a Comment