Monday, November 8, 2010

Don't Wanna Let You Go

I could see you left with a very heavy heart, that you don't really want to go. Weeks ago when I learnt the news that you would be going today, I had dreaded the passing of every day since, dreaded for this day to arrive. But arrived it did, sooner than I wanted, not that I wanted it at all.

The day passed slowly, even though there were many things to do. I picked up my speed in doing everything, in an attempt to spend some time with you. We were both busy, we were both solemn. We discussed yet again why you had to go. We came to the conclusion, the very same one every time this topic was raised. The discussion was futile. It was merely hope that drove me to open up this topic again.

Seeing you off at the gate was a difficult moment. I hugged you tight, I hugged you again, I hugged you, hugging on to the hope that I could have you here with me, with us, a little longer, be it just a minute more, "don't go", I whispered weakly. "I also don't want to go", came your feeble reply.

The boys found it hard to let you go, too. If I didn't act strong, we would have all cuddled in a bunch, crying.

The counting down begins... 5 more weeks to go.

I love you. We all love you. Come home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Smile sissy cos now you're counting down to something you're looking forward to...

    ReplyDelete