Thursday, December 9, 2010

Amanda

This is Amanda, my new friend, not acquaintance, my first friend since I step foot into the grounds of Munich. She is the mother of 4 year-old twins Daniel and Liam, who enjoy playing with all my boys.

She and I have quite a few things in common. We are:
  1. not Germans.
  2. housewives.
  3. mother of twins.
  4. mother of boys.
  5. married to Bavarian husbands.
  6. the same age.
  7. living on the same street.
I got to know her only for a month, at the most. But I feel like I have known her for a long time. I feel so comfortable with her. We never run out of topics to talk about, but always run out of time to chat. I am so glad the feelings are mutual.

This new friendship reminds me, again, of how blessed I am. She is god-sent. She is the English chicken soup for my soul. One that I could slowly savour and relish its full flavour. One that I know I would cherish, with my heart and soul.

1 comment: