Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Rush of Sledging

The first thing we did after the angel deposited a sledge at our gate was none other than trying it out. Last Saturday, we walked to the little hill next to Enzian and Ludwig's school, where we were met with several other kids and parents. Bart couldn't come along because he was feeling sick.


First of, Johann. He went down a gentler slope in this clip. He sounded a bit apprehensive. There is a reason behind it.

He had his first sledging experience with me on a higher one and it went so fast, we both fell out of the sledge. More specifically, rudely thrown out of it. Worse, I was thrown on top of him. He cried, I panicked. I was sure my sudden, catapulted weight on him generated more hurt than it would have already caused. As soon as I picked him up, I checked for any visible signs of injuries. None. I asked him where the pain was, he said it was everywhere. Then I saw a trickle of thick blood flowing out of his nostril, OH DEAR! What have I done? Hurriedly, I asked for a piece of tissue from a kind stranger and wiped the blood off. Luckily, the blood flow stopped at that. He didn't want to sledge any more. Me neither. We were both a bit shocked by the little accident. I felt so lousy.

When I told Christophe later, he said I could have used my foot to brake to slow down. Bleh... why didn't I use my foot to think?


Next, Enzian. He is clearly enjoying the rush of coming down in such high speed. I think he needs to use his foot too.


Then it was Ludwig's turn, who obviously could have used his foot too. We are so inexperienced and amateurish. Sigh. I think my dramatic "narration" in the background is quite loud. *blush* It's my overly sensitive maternal instincts. Can't curb it. Can't help it. Quite like it, though. *grin*

1 comment:

  1. you know, the "you can use your foot slow down" reminds me of that time when you collided into my bike when I stopped at a zebra crossing at ECP.
    And when I questioned you on why you didnt brake and "I FORGOT I COULD BRAKE" came your reply.... *roll eyeballs*

    ReplyDelete