Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blown Away

No, I did not turn on the fan (we don't have a fan to begin with) to achieve this "blown back" effect. These two took my hairdryer, stood in front of the mirror and blew their hair back. While they work their hairdryer, they giggled and laughed at each other. Came to me and insisted I must take a picture for them.

Sometimes, I really don't know what to do with these two rascals.

Enzian would collect so many chestnuts, pine cones, twigs, branches, stones and pebbles home, leave them at every imaginable corners and still have the cheek to tell me not to throw them away (which I always do, out of the window literally, anyway).

Ludwig would hide so many Lego pieces in his box so no one could find them.

Enzian would stuff his dirty socks under his pillow before he goes to bed, his partner in crime his underwear under the bed.

Ludwig loves leaving his chocolate and sweet wrappers on the floor, actually not just one, but both of them, hmm... no, in fact, all four of them.

Or they (this two in the picture here) would team up and soak so much toilet paper in water, squeeze them as dry as their hands could possibly wring, and add paints to them so that when the papers harden the next day, they become stubbornly stuck on the table, wall, sink, cups, even their paint brushes.

When I ask Ludwig to bring his winter jacket up to his room to hang on the hook, and emphasized not to dump it on the floor right in front of their bedroom entrance, he would tell me, "OK!" giving me the illusion that it would be done right. But of course, the next time I visit their bedroom, that jacket would be lying on the exact spot that I say I would not want to see it, and worse, stepped over many times by his brothers and him.

Once, in the first few weeks after we moved here, Enzian had the brilliant idea to plug in the switch of their refrigerator in their room, so that they could store food and keep them cool, for their consumption at their own leisure.

While eating his lunch one day, Ludwig would (gently) hit a banana he brought back from school with a ruler, so that seeing the banana skin slowly forming black lines could amuse him.

When I read back this entry twenty years later, on my rocking chair and reading glasses on, I know I have captured some fond memories of their mischievous childhood. The things they do.

1 comment: